General Litigation Experience
- Represented international manufacturer in defense of construction case involving in excess of $80 million in liability.
- Represented international manufacturer in defense of stadium construction case involving in excess of $100 million in liability, which was resolved without litigation for less than $20,000.
- Represented community development bank in defense of lawsuit by City of Los Angeles seeking in excess of $11 million in damages, which was resolved for less than $950,000.
- Obtained $4 million dollar settlement for a manufacturing company in a patent infringement dispute.
- Obtained $3.7 million dollar settlement against an insurance carrier involving damage to a Canadian manufacturing plant.
- Resolved $9.6 million claim by an excess insurer without litigation or monetary payment, and which client recovered $2 million.
- Advised national marketing firm in prosecution and defense of federal court dispute with money manager involving in excess of $5 million in damages.
- Resolved $2 million adulterated product claim by former employee against client without litigation for five figures.
- Handled prosecution and defense of litigation involving the purchase of securities in a national time-share condominium company, in which client recovered nearly $1 million based upon its cross-claims.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlement against a leading publicly traded investor education company in a lawsuit based on breach of contract, conversion, accounting and constructive trust claims.
- Represented international franchisor in lawsuit against a leading paint manufacturer, which resulted in a multi-million dollar settlement.
- Obtained seven-figure settlement against a national investment banking firm in the prosecution of a managing director’s employment and breach of contract claims.
- Successfully handled an appeal which confirmed summary judgement in favor of national franchisor in a multi-million dollar dispute over the sale of a manufacturing plant and alleged breach of a co-packing agreement, and resulted in the published opinion of Copeland v. Baskin-Robbins USA.et.al., (2002) 96 Cal.App4th 1251.
- Lead trial attorney for a client in a lawsuit against a major insurance carrier, which resulted in a verdict in excess of $9 million.
- Lead trial attorney for national franchisor involving a nationwide recall of commercial blenders, which resulted in a jury verdict in favor of client for breach of warranty and negligent misrepresentation.
- Lead trial attorney in defense of major franchisor in trial involving sexual harassment and retaliation claims, in which the jury returned verdict for only nominal charges.
- Lead trial attorney in a binding arbitration for national third party marketing firm against a prominent investment management firm involving a dispute over the payment of commissions, in which client was awarded multi six-figures and recovered the majority of its legal fees.
- Co-counsel in a complex product liability jury trial, which resulted in a directed verdict and one of the largest sanctions awards in the State of California against the plaintiff, its insurance company and its counsel.
Class Action Defense
- Obtained dismissal without payment of money for national franchise in class action involving seven-figure liability for the illegal sale of gift certificates with expiration dates.
- Resolved class action for national franchisor involving seven-figure liability for the illegal sale of gift certificates with expiration dates under the Unfair Business Practices Act and the Consumer Legal Remedies Act for five figures.
- Resolved class action for franchisor involving seven-figure liability under the Unfair Business Practices Act involving the purported illegal taxing of iced tea for five figures.
- Obtained dismissal without payment of money for franchisor in class action under the Unfair Business Practices Act based upon the unauthorized enforcement of parking regulations.
- Obtained dismissal without payment of money for franchise in class action brought under the Unfair Business Practices Act alleging, among other things, violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.